By: Patty Rankin
What I’ve Learned During
the Corona Virus Pandemic
1. Travel plans can disappear very quickly.
2. People are a very important part of life, the most important part.
3. Zoom meetings hold the world together.
4. I can stay home for long periods of time without killing anyone.
5. When the entire world is fighting this pandemic, the world becomes a pretty small place.
6. There are a lot of good people.
7. There are people who are willing to lay down their life for a friend or even someone they don’t know.
8. Virtual worship services can be very meaningful but I miss being with everyone.
9. Now that I have the time, if I don’t do the things I have been meaning to do, I never truly meant to do them.
10. Life is hard! Life goes on!
11. Thank goodness for my cell phone!
12. Wearing a mask isn’t fun but it’s necessary.
13. We really, really are in this together. We live in a community. The actions of each person contribute either positively or negatively to the well-being of all.
14. God is in this with us.
15. I am grateful every day for the blessings God showers on me – the beauty of the natural world, shelter and food when so many struggle, and people who share this journey with me. Thank you God. Help me be a blessing to others.